Wigan and Leigh Community Charity, formerly known as the Abram Ward Community Charity (AWCC) plays an integral role in the development of the social economy (Social Enterprises, Cooperatives and Community Businesses) in the Borough. A key contributor to the community wealth building agenda, we see community ownership and the growth of the social economy sector to be key.
WLCC is seeking to appoint up to 4 new Trustees who will act as Board members for the Charity, reinforcing and advocating our critical role in promoting and nurturing Social Enterprises in the Borough.
We already have 5 Trustees and are now seeking people who can bring particular knowledge, skills and / or networks to strengthen the social impact of the organisation.
• Social Enterprise sectoral knowledge and / or experience.
• Social Value.
• Greater Manchester VCSE sector.
Previous experience of being a Charity trustee is desirable but not essential.
Being a Trustee gives you the opportunity to:
• Provide support to a CEO leading an organisation that is making a real difference to individuals
or society as a whole.
• Contribute your skills and expertise to a cause that is important to you.
• Play a fundamental role in the strategic development of the organisation.
As a Trustee your role will include:
1. Acting as a custodian of the organisation’s values, vision and mission.
2. Strategy: In collaboration with the Chief Executive, lead the formation, implementation and
monitoring of WLCC’s strategic plans.
3. Advocacy: Promote WLCC, its members and the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE)
sector, within Wigan Borough and beyond, including representing WLCC externally.
4. Scrutiny: Ensure that WLCC operates to the highest standards of governance.
5. Working with staff: Provide support, and a confidential forum for discussion, for the Chief Executive
and other officers.
To apply please contact David Baxter, CEO of Wigan & Leigh Community Charity via email and send your expression of interest and why you feel you fit the role.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Dave Baxter CEO
On behalf of the Wigan Borough Local Access partnership.