…the growth of the local economy for the benefit of the local community…
…an opportunity for any person within a community to turn an interest or skill into a valued product or service…
…to work with other people to create new, or expand existing community businesses…
…that add value and trade with the local and wider community, in turn generating further revenue and jobs…
It’s also an opportunity for young people:
- We will attend careers fairs, industry days etc. with local schools to let young people know about community business and social enterprise
- Options to become an employer rather than an employee
- Helping to retain wealth within the borough and possibly bring further wealth into the borough
- An opportunity to develop your own Social Enterprise or Community Business:
- We work with aspirant and established local, community and social entrepreneurs wishing to learn and improve their practice in successful social entrepreneurship, and helping them to create opportunities to establish their businesses and develop their markets under the concept of ‘make and buy local’, both in person and on line.
- WLCC aims to take ideas generated via Community Organising, to help provide the support these organisations require.
- Start Up support will be access to accommodation, funding support etc.
- Scale Up support will be via Enterprise Coaching, but also mechanisms to help to raise awareness of their product / service, and sell to the Public and Private sector, but also the local community.
- WLCC has developed an Enterprise Awareness Programme that aims to support local people, from School leavers through to people looking to find employment, to identify the Social Economy sector as a career opportunity.